četrtek, 1. marec 2012

AMERICAN DREAM

AMERICAN DREAM
       tanka poems by Dimitar Anakiev


a pigeon
in South Ferry terminal
seeks food
each 6th American hungry
in this too rich country


comfortably undressed, I eat
a oatmeal raisin cookie
on my 51st birthday:
two bible sellers wish me
welcome to the United States


a storm on the sea
in the bay of Manhattan:
a seagull
flies above the waves
against the wind


on the Staten Island Railway
one car's door opens just for me
to see gusts of rain
traveling from Eltingville
toward the bay of St. George


in the company
of an old umbrella
belonging to my cousin
I watch the rain slope
into an empty station


at Brookfield Avenue
the wind whips up a storm:
in a sea of petals
I pass along
with a storm in my soul

 
silence in the church
Transfiguration of Jesus
I sit in an angle
enjoying the mystic
until the parsons came

 
white waterfall
before Chase bank
and red tulips
by Rockefeller Center
wait for Hiro Sato


thinking
about my American situation
squirrels
jumping over the fence
from both sides
             (first published: Red Lights, Vol.8, No.1, 2012, Allentown, PA)



Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar